Pages are not fully translated for the English language.

Latest posts

Bulldozer (2015)


I wanted to build something using a Merkur set which was my favourite during childhood. I have already built a bulldozer but it had not so sophisticated tracks. The blade’s attachment was pour as well. Thus, I decided to build a new version of this machine.

The construction started traditionally with the undercarriage and tracks. I used Tamiya gearbox and a set of tracks and wheels. Then, I assembled the blade which was planned to be huge and attached inside the tracks. The blade is lifted using two larger servos and tilted by a third medium size servo (all of them Hitec).

The new version had to be independent on the external power supply unlike the previous one. The next step was to create a battery box holder. Then I stuffed all the peripherals, lights and processor to free space and connected them together properly.

I took the created prototype to my parents’ during the visit and tested it inside a sheep and roebuck–run. They both liked it and the bulldozer worked great even in the terrain. I could finish it afterwards and test the final version on fresh snow.

Pictures, schemes, videos

Click the image to show it in higher resolution
Undercarriage with tracks
Battery box placed under the cabin
Processor (peripherals bellow)
The final bulldozer
Cabin and batteries dissasembly
Blade dissasembly
Used peripherals

Source codes

Click the label to show the source code
Bulldozer.c: main file
Bulldozer.h: headers file

Back to Robotics STM32.